Are you looking for the best quality lacquer for your furniture? In this article, we will look at some tips to ensure the best furnishing for your needs. Lacquer [แล็กเกอร์, which is the term in Thai] is a finish that has uses similar to varnish, but unlike varnish, lacquer is sprayed on furniture. It is used for high-end furniture. Lacquer is preferred by many people since it does not change to a yellowish colour over time.
There are 5 types of lacquer namely, acrylic, waterborne, nitrocellulose, and urushiol-based lacquer. They share some common properties but also are very different in terms of properties and costs.
Here are 3 tips that will help you choose the best lacquer for your furniture:
1. Consider The Conditions In Your City.
The type of weather conditions in your city is a determining factor while choosing the furnish. If your city has a humid climate or it rains heavily there, you will need a very durable and water-resistant lacquer.
2. Consider The Placement Of Your Furniture:
Where you are planning to keep your furniture is important. Let’s say you need it outside in the garden or on balconies where it will be directly exposed to heat and rain. In this case, your choice should be a lacquer that forms a thick coat on the furniture rather than diluting it.
3. Consider Your Budget:
If you are looking for affordable or low maintenance furnish, lacquer is the best choice. It does not lead to any additional costs. Look for durable options, low maintenance, and do not get cloudy easily.
Advantages Of Using Lacquer:
There are many reasons why people prefer lacquer as a furnish instead of other options.
- It dries very quickly and gives the furniture a strong and thick coating.
- It protects the wood from liquids by keeping it dry from the inside. This helps in keeping the wood from rotting.
- It is as good as a one-time investment. It is very low maintenance and no additional costs are incurred once applied.
- Its shine and colour do not fade away over time and with use. So, your furniture will look good as new for a long time.
These were the 3 tips to help you choose the best lacquer to protect your furniture. There are many advantages of using lacquer as a finish in terms of durability, water resistance, maintenance, etc.